Today (Day 2) we got into the swing of things and started our production lines to make dipoles and clip them onto the mesh (laid out last trip.)
Video to come tomorrow of one of our students showing off how to build a dipole.
We built our first full tile of the MWA!
It took us about 45 minutes to make the first tile (not including dipole building time) – here’s what it looks like sped up 1500%!
We then split into teams and started building large piles of dipoles and then putting together the tiles. We think we’ve worked out a good method of getting things done quickly, and we’re already speeding up and heading towards peak efficiency. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll make it.
Day 2 Summary
Antenna Count: 312/4096
Completed MWA Tiles: 6/128
Beam formers installed: 0/128 (0 on site)