Today we installed all 60 of the beam formers that have arrived on site – this means we’ve done as much of the alpha and beta MWA sections as we can, which was the main goal of the trip. As some of the students would say ‘Achievement Unlocked’.
We managed to install and hook up all the beamformers before lunch! We’re all working well together as a team.
Our next goal is to get as many tiles as possible cabled up and finished. We’re on 88 tiles after today’s effort, leaving 40 to do tomorrow for a complete finish (our last day). Phew, hopefully we can do it.
A few of us also took a minute to head up one of the breakaways to look over our site and see the progress we’ve made in the last 11 days.
Tomorrow we are going to have a visitor from Perth, and hopefully finish everything off! Looking forward to it.
Day 11 Summary
Antenna Count: 4096/4096
Completed MWA Tiles: 88/128
Beam formers installed: 60/128 (60 on site)